Operation Allocated Trades and Numbers
Rustenburg Processes (Waterval Smelter and PMR)
2 x Fitter
1 x Rigger
3 x Electrical
2 x Boilermaker
1 x Diesel Mechanic
4 x Measurement Control & Instrumentation
2 x Fitter
3 x Electrical
2 x Rigger
3 x Boilermaker
2 x Measurement Control & Instrumentation
6 x Earthmoving Equipment Mechanics;
3 x Electricians;
3 x Measurement Control & Instrumentation
7 x Millwrights;
4 x Boilermakers;
2 x Riggers.
1 x Electrical;
1 x Fitters;
1 x Measurement Control & Instrumentation;
1 x Boilermaker; 4 Total 4 Grand Total 54
Engineering Exposure Training leading to a Learnership.
External (18.2) Engineering Exposure/ Learnership opportunities are available at the following Anglo-American Platinum Operations:
1. Primary Job Purpose.
The successful Candidates will be afforded an opportunity to enrol in an external Unemployed (18.2 B1) Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification as a qualified Artisan.
2. Minimum Entry Requirements.
• Matric with Mathematics (not Mathematics Literacy), Physical Science and English (all with minimum 40% pass), or
• N2 or higher with 4/5 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements or,
• NCV Level – 4 in appropriate trade with all subjects passed with a minimum 40% pass.
3. Trade Test Requirements
3.1. A minimum of N2 Subjects/ certificate with applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified.
3.1.2. Engineering Science;
3.1.3. Relevant Trade Theory;
3.1.4. Industrial Electronics, or Engineering Drawings or Plating Structural Drawings
3.1.5. NCV Level – 4 in appropriate trade with all subjects passed with a minimum 40% pass.
3.2. The appointed learner will sign:
3.2.1. Exposure Learning Contract where the learner commits him / herself to perform as required and obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying and be evaluated to qualify for a Learnership;
3.2.2. Learnership Contract where the learner commits him / herself to perform as required and complete all necessary modules prescribed within specified period.
3.3. Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend a full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 subjects for the trade.
4. Learnership Conditions.
• Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven-day fortnight shift where applicable;
• Must be a South African Citizen;
• Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness, and
• Selection of Candidates will be based upon the Anglo American Platinum selection and recruitment procedure.
Advert Number: 730877
5. Additional Information.
• Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Anglo Platinum’s
Employment Equity Policy.
• Incomplete CV’s and /or applications will not be considered.
• Application will not be considered without a valid copy of the qualification and/or the license required for
• Interested External candidates can apply as follows:
• Certified copies of original certificates must be provided on day of the interview.
• Applicants should state in their application form, their geographical area and the advert number
• NB: NO ACCOMODATION AND TRANSPORT TO AND FROM WORK WILL BE PROVIDED BY
ANGLO AMERICAN PLATINUM
• Successful applicants will be informed and invited to complete the necessary assessments and
• Anglo American Platinum shall apply the Company’s employment equity policy.
• If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your
application to be unsuccessful.
Fraud Alert! Help us beat fraud.
Anglo American Platinum would never ask you for money in exchange for a job interview. Anglo American
Platinum has a formal online recruitment process to advertise vacancies, which provides a unique job number for
tracking purposes. Visit AngloAmerican.jobopportunities for more details. Please be cautious of anyone claiming
to be from, Anglo American Platinum who makes false job offers, asks for money to participate in an employment
process or runs a fake job lottery.
Please contact email@example.com if you think you might have received a suspicious email or
sms. Report all suspicious activity to your local law enforcement authorities